Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Scapegoat Traded To Padres

Our feisty catcher has been traded to the Padres. I have never been a believer in team chemistry mattering much to a baseball team, but maybe that's the case here. I've been a fan of Barrett since he came here, if for no other reason than he cared when we lost. Last Spring when DLee went down, all of our hitters except Barrett went into the tank as we headed straight for the cellar. It is also of note that he is the only Cub catcher to win a Silver Slugger.
As for the scraps with 2 pitchers recently, I'm not sure I can side with the pitchers. First, Big Z is crazy and his logic ends with his statement, "Only God can control my temper". As for Hill, and any other pitcher for that matter, last time I checked, catchers don't get wins and losses and Michael Barrett never hung any sliders over the middle of the plate. I'm not sure if it was just the visibility of the fights, but these things have to go on all the time. Hell, I remember fights in high school locker rooms, and we only played 20 games, not 162, and I never cashed a single sports check in my high school days, or any days for that matter.
At any rate, I say good luck to Michael and hopefully we get something good back.

No comments: